From Rochester University Warrior Athletics
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – After a 10-0 loss the previous day, RU Hockey was out for vengeance against Aquinas College. After an incredibly close contest, Aquinas pulled away in the final period with a 3-2 win. Anthony Carlier put on a truly impressive showing, recording an all time record for saves during an RU Hockey contest with 76 (!!!).
– Aquinas was relentless once again in their attack, with nearly quadruple the shots RU had in each period. However, goalkeeper Anthony Carlier put on a herculean showing, recording an all-time RU sports perfomance with countless saves
– RU opened up to a 1-0 lead early in the contest off a goal by Bryce Patterson, who was assisted by Connor Fredericks and Carlier
– Aquinas would answer back with two quick goals in the second period. Carlier continued to record plenty of saves during the period.
– RU would tie the game off an Anthony Cosner goal, assisted by Bobby Kukla and Caden Pachota
– Aquinas would regain the lead with 10 minutes remaining, and would hold on for a 3-2 win
– With 76 saves, Carlier has set an all time record for saves in an RU contest
RU will take on Eastern University next weekend, beginning at Eastern on October 14.
(Originally published at https://www.rochesteruwarriors.com/article/1686)