From Rochester Warrior Athletics
Warrior Hockey played two extremely close games against Eastern Michigan University, losing in Ypsilanti 4-5 and winning the second contest 4-3, earning them their first win of the season. Both games required the Warriors to make comeback efforts.
@ EMU – 10/14 – L 4-5
The Warriors begun the weekend with a close loss to EMU. While EMU pulled out to a big lead early, the Warriors showed serious heart and pulled back in to nearly steal the game.
– Eastern Michigan pushed out to a 2-0 lead midway through the second period. However, Cole Zelewski brought the Warriors to life with a goal off a power play
– Eastern Michigan answered back in the third period with two goals to seemingly put the game away. The Warriors went on a spectacular run to tie the game, scoring three goals in a two-minute span
– Eastern Michigan would escape with a goal in the final minute
- EMU – 10/16 – W 4-3
Returning home, the Warriors rallied late to earn their first victory of the season bringing their record to 1-3. Senior captain Kyle Banks led the offensive charge with two goals in the back and forth affair.
– The Warriors opened up the scoring midway through the first period on an Anthony Consner goal
– EMU came on strong in the second period with 3 goals of their own
– Banks scored his first goal within 20 seconds of the puck drop in the third period
– With 5:27 left in the game Cole Zelewski tied the game at 3-3
– The Warriors took the lead with 1:47 left in the game on Banks’ second goal of the night and held out for the 4-3 victory
– FR Dominic Carnaghi earned his first career victory in the net for the Warriors
(Originally published at https://www.rochesteruwarriors.com/article/1696)