Purdue Northwest University
Men's Division 1
Looking to fill Home (at PNW) on 12/9/2022 / Away on 12/10/2022
Contact: Nick Tomczyk at email@example.com
University of Mary
Men's Division 2
Home/Away or multi-year agreements with possible stipends for hotels and local transportation.
Contact: Dan Huntley (641-750-2446)
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Men's Division 2
Home/Away games for Nov/Dec 2022 and open in 2023
Contact: Paul Wajgel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Penn State ACHA D1 Women’s Ice Hockey Club Head Coach (Part Time)
Penn State ACHA D1 Women’s Ice Hockey Club is looking for a new Head Coach for the upcoming 2022-23 season. This is a part time assignment. The team has a rising program and seeks a new Head Coach to lead the program to the next level. With a returning group of energetic, motivated players, this program is looking for a leader who brings a positive attitude, enthusiasm, engagement, commitment and a passion for the game.
- Scheduling home and away games
- Designing and implementing high level practice and training plans
- Running weekly practices (2)
- Effectively managing games and translating practice concepts to game strategy
- Recruiting, coaching and developing players on and off the ice
- Attending league meetings and communicating regularly with the ACHA and CCWHA
Prior coaching experience, including USA Hockey CEP level, SafeSport Training, First Aid and CPR/AED certification
Commitment to 2 practices and 2 games each week, in addition to traveling for away games from September to February
Contact: Carlene Stumpo at email@example.com
Waldorf University is seeking passionate and qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Men's Hockey Coach. This is a full-time, benefit eligible and 10-month (August through May annually) position. Ideal candidates will have coaching experience at the ACHA or Junior hockey level, proven ability to recruit quality student athletes, and a commitment to the development of individuals and the team both on and off the ice.
Located in north central rural Iowa, Waldorf University has a residential enrollment of 600 residential students. The University is focused on a mission of leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society.
Assistant Coaches at Waldorf recruit and retain excellent student-athletes that represent and reflect Waldorf in a positive manner, operate within a disciplined program that strives for excellence, to instruct so that each performer and team reaches their potential, to develop physical fitness in each athlete, to develop positive character traits in every player, instill sportsmanship in all involved and challenge student-athletes to succeed academically and graduate.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years hockey coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate ACHA or Junior hockey level
- Demonstrated recruiting skills and experience
- Player development experience
- Skilled in all forms of communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Driver's License with a clean driving record, preferably CDL
Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt and benefit eligible position. Waldorf University offers a comprehensive benefit package with including: health, life, LTD, 401k match and tuition benefits for employees and their families, in addition to options in dental, vision, supplemental and voluntary life insurances and FLEX spending plan.
Application: For consideration, qualified candidates are asked to apply through the link below, upload their application materials including a letter of interest outlining your qualifications, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Please no phone call or email applications. Final candidate will be subject to a background investigation.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Since 1903, Waldorf University has created opportunities for learning and service to students seeking well-rounded lives through education by establishing engaging online and residential communities centered on learning and faith.
As a liberal arts university with core values Waldorf offers a curriculum to liberate the way students think so that they may develop a basic understanding and knowledge of how those in a variety of disciplines think and approach life. As a liberal arts university, Waldorf seeks to instill values of service, community, critical inquiry, and lifelong learning in each student and in the very culture of the college community. These values and this education prepare our graduates to understand and contribute to life in our complex and ever-changing world.
University of Wyoming Men’s Hockey Coach
Seeking Head Coach for the University of Wyoming Men’s Hockey Team.
Wyoming competes in the Big Mountain Hockey Conference, along with five Colorado teams. All conference games are within a few hour drive from Laramie, Wyoming.
This season, Wyoming finished 2nd in the Conference Tournament. The team is graduating three seniors, with the remainder of the team returning.
The team is typically allocated practice ice on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, with games on Fridays and Saturdays.
Practices begin September 6th..There is a winter break from December 10 through January 17, and the regular season ends in early February. The conference tournament is held in February, with the possibility of playing in a regional tournament (also in February) and a national tournament in March.
We would like a coach that is dedicated to advancing the team on and off the ice. We would like a coach that is able to make practice plans and make game time decisions. Off-ice dedication in the forms of recruitment and community promotion are also desired. Previous coaching experience at this level and/or age group of hockey is recommended.Benefits
- $500 signing bonus
- Potential stipend
- Travel expenses covered (hotel, food, transportation)
- Team apparel
- Reimbursement for USA hockey registration fees
- Membership to Campus Gym/Recreational Facilities
- Open to negotiating additional benefitsRequirements
Must have a USA Hockey CEP level to coach in the ACHA.
- Must pass a background check. Link: American Collegiate Hockey Association Coaches
- Complete SafeSport Training. Link: www.usahockey.com/
safesporttrainingContact Information: UWMensHockey@gmail.com
University of Notre Dame Men’s Hockey Coach (Division 3)
Provide instruction and coach university students to develop skills and ability to excel on the ice.
Contribute to the program as a whole and to the growth of students involved in athletics.
Candidates must have the following certifications to be considered for the position:
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. USA Hockey CEP Level 4
Candidates are expected to hold a firm understanding of the following areas:
1. General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures
2. Knowledge of American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) rules
3. Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes
4. Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Use a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of
the student athletes
2. Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice to promote individual
growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship
1. Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic ability
2. Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and
3. Keep informed of and ensure compliance with all ACHA rules
4. Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation
5. Work with team officer(s) to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements
6. Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the coaching program and make
changes based on findings
1. Accompany and supervise student athletes during athletic competition
2. Instruct and advise students on ACHA regulations with regard to academic requirements
for scholarships and recruiting practices
3. Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of
1. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with students
Candidates must be available at night, twice-per-week for hour-long practice sessions.
Candidates must also be available on weekends from September through early February for both
home and away games. The candidate must be able to travel on some of these weekends, with
car rides lasting approximately 1-2 hours.
For more information, please get in touch with us via the following contacts:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Phone: (973) 255-0309 | (973) 908-2005
Montana State University-Northern Men’s Hockey Coach (Division 2)
Montana State University – Northern is looking for a Head Men’s Hockey Coach to develop and start
up their new ACHA Men’s DII Club Hockey program. The successful candidate will be responsible
for the start-up of a brand new club hockey program including community involvement, being
involved with the area youth program, and promoting Montana State University – Northern Hockey to
the region and also in Canada. The position requires evening practice time, weekend travel, program
fundraising, budget management, recruiting, and other duties assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start-up a brand new club hockey program
- Promote community involvement
- Be Involved with the area youth program
- Promote Montana State University – Northern Hockey to the region and also in Canada.
The position requires evening practice time, weekend travel, program fundraising, budget
management, recruiting, and other duties assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Salary: $20,000-$30,000 depending on experience and recruiting ability.
- Knowledge & Skills of Hockey
- Coaching Experience
- Fundraising Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Successful Recruiting Record
- Budget Management
– Master degree
– College teaching experience
– ACHA playing and/or coaching experience
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Director of Athletics
Montana State University-Northern